This gorgeous acoustic bass guitar is built from a reclaimed local old-growth redwood top, Honduras rosewood sides & back, curly maple binding/heelcap, ebony bridge/fretboard/peghead overlay, and a Honduras mahogany neck. The redwood & rosewood are the same as David’s recent redwood-rosewood parlor guitar.
Its 31″ scale results in easy playability and reach, while still holding onto its dynamic punch.
Like its cousin parlor guitar, this bass also features a soundport, on the player’s side upper bout. The soundport acts as a monitor, directing sound waves towards the player’s ears as well as from the front aperture.
FOR SALE – $7,500. Price includes hardshell case; tax and/or shipping extra. Contact us if you’re interested in this instrument.
- Old-growth Mendocino County redwood top
- Honduras rosewood back & sides
- Honduras mahogany neck
- Curly maple binding and heel cap
- Ebony fingerboard, bridge, and peghead overlay
- Gotoh tuners
- Abalone Dart logo
- Modified X-braced top, carved and voiced by David Dart
- Player’s side sound port
- Mother-of-pearl side dots
- Bone nut & saddle
- Satin polyurethane finish
- 31” string length
- 14 frets to the body
- 1-3/4” nut width