Dave now has a New Showroom!!, a place to sit and play and see his instruments with a rug on the floor! Come by and check it out. He’ll have an “open studio” this weekend for American Crafts Week.
Here are some photos of Ben Harper’s Bowlback steel guitar.
On a roll with more baritone ukuleles in 2017! They're fun to play: uke players love them for the longer scale, roomy fingerboard, and deeper tone; guitarists appreciate the ease of phrasing and longer reach, since the baritone plays like a six-string guitar's treble four strings (E B D G) on a shorter scale.
- Style Two: Point Arena (CA) cypress top, sides, back, & neck; purple heart binding, bridge, fingerboard, & peghead overlay; turquoise fingerboard inlay; hand-cut abalone Dart logo & calla lily peghead inlay; and sterling silver side dots
- Style Two: Anderson Valley (CA) cherry neck, back, & sides; cherry top; rosewood binding, bridge, fingerboard, & peghead overlay; hand-cut abalone Dart logo & soundhole inlay; and abalone side dots.
- Style One: six strings (!) - octave double-strung 3rd & 4th strings (unless otherwise specified); Presidio acacia top, back, sides, & neck; rosewood fingerboard & bridge; rope soundhole inlay; and hand-cut abalone Dart logo
- Style One: Point Arena (CA) cypress top, sides, back, & neck; rosewood fingerboard & bridge; rope soundhole inlay; and hand-cut abalone Dart logo
All of these beauties feature:
- a 14"-radiused fingerboard
- Sitka spruce bracing
- X-braced top
- solid boxwood lining
- Pegheds 4:1 planetary geared tuning pegs
- hide glue on all wood-to-wood joints
- will have nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- hard-shell case